- muscle relaxation effect over time
- Soma (Carisoprodol) is a muscle relaxant used to relieve pain and discomfort caused by strains, sprains, and other muscle injuries. Learn how it affects your body and how long it stays in your system to avoid side effects and drug interactions.
How Soma Affects Your System
- Soma is available in tablet form and combination products containing aspirin or codeine and aspirin. Take several times a day as prescribed. Soma works by affecting communication between nerves in the central nervous system. This results in muscle relaxation and pain relief. It would help if you took Soma with milk or food as it can cause stomach upset. In the body, Carisoprodol is absorbed and begins to work after 30 minutes, with an effect lasting from 4 to 6 hours. It is broken down into meprobamate, which is also active in its products. The peak concentration of Carisoprodol is seen within one hour, and the peak concentration of its metabolite meprobamate is almost 3 hours. The half-life of Carisoprodol is about 100 minutes but can be extended up to three times depending on the individual’s metabolism. Meprobamate has a long half-life of between 6 and 17 hours, leading to the accumulation of multiple doses. Carisoprodol and its metabolite valproate are excreted in the urine and can be detected several days after use.
How to use Carisoprodol?
- Follow the instructions given by your doctor or pharmacist before starting treatment with Carisoprodol. If you have any questions, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Take this medication orally with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually as directed four times a day. The dose depends on your health condition and the body’s response to treatment. This treatment is only done for a short time (3 weeks or less) unless recommended by a doctor. Never increase the dose. If done, your health condition will worsen, or other side effects will occur. Carisoprodol is a drug that can cause an addictive reaction, primarily if it has been used for a long time or in high doses. Sometimes this drug can cause side effects such as dizziness, trouble sleeping, and nausea if you stop taking it. To prevent this, doctors will usually change the dose of drug use. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more information. Along with the benefits provided, this drug can also cause an abnormal condition (addiction). This risk may increase if you have ever consumed alcohol or illegal drugs. Take medication as prescribed by the doctor to reduce the risk of addiction. Tell your doctor if your condition worsens after 2 to 3 weeks of use. What should I know before using Carisoprodol? You should not take this medication if you are allergic to Carisoprodol or Meprobamate (Equanil, Miltown) or if you have Porphyria. You should contact your doctor immediately if you:
- Have epilepsy or seizures
- Liver pain
- Kidney disease
If you suffer from one of these diseases, your dose needs to be changed, or you are advised to do a special examination before taking this drug. Certain patients should only take this drug. Never give this drug to another person, especially if he has been addicted to illegal drugs. Store this medication in a safe and challenging reach the place. You will suffer from addiction symptoms if you stop taking this drug or use it more than prescribed. Signs of addiction include stomach aches, headaches, nausea, and convulsions. Do not stop treatment without telling your doctor.This drug is hazardous for the fetus. It is unknown whether this drug is safe for breastfeeding mothers. You should consult a doctor. under health conditions. Do not give this medicine to minors.
To prevent side effects and drug interactions, discuss all prescription and over-the-counter medications or plan to take with your doctor. Muscle relaxants, sedatives, sleeping pills, sedatives, vitamins, and medicines for allergies, coughs, or colds are discussed. If you have ever had liver or kidney disease, your Soma Carisoprodol metabolism may be affected. If you are pregnant, nursing, or planning to become pregnant, talk to your doctor about the possible effects of taking Soma. Soma can make you tired, so exercising caution when driving or operating machinery is essential. Side effects may include headache, fast heartbeat, drowsiness, confusion, slow thinking, stomach pain, rash, and slowed movements. Avoid serious side effects of body position. Soma should be taken as directed. To avoid serious side effects, do not take more than prescribed or take longer than directed by your healthcare provider. Some of the severe side effects of Soma include: Hard to breath,fever,weakness,burning in the eye If you have problems with these symptoms, contact your doctor immediately. Insubstantial doses, Soma can produce methimazole overdose, which may include coma.